11/08/2016

I'm staying home with a terrible back pain today so I have time for a blog update.

We celebrated E.'s three month birthday this past Saturday at S. and H.'s place with some cake and candles. She's growing so incredibly fast! It is so interesting to see her development, by now she's properly focusing her eyes and she's well aware of all kinds of movements in the room. She looks grown-ups in the eye, she laughs and obviously, she can make herself heard when she thinks something's not quite the way it ought to be. She's also starting to play with her toys. And she talked to me. I didn't understand (and that's my bad) but it's so nice to see her communicating. The best thing I could do in return was to sing her children's songs. And Christmas songs - it will be her first Christmas and it's no small thing. One has to start rehearsing the songs early!

My jeans, E.'s socks and a yellow butterfly. Quality time.

Pastor J. P. left for Canada last week. It was last Wednesday that I had a chance to have a longer chat with him. It was a long day - half a day in the office, then a hospital visitation, a small group gathering and the church planting group gathering. When someone from the planting group dropped me and pastor J. off after the meeting, it was quarter to ten in the evening and I thought we'd go our separate ways. But he suggested we went for a cup of tea instead and I readily accepted the invite. So we sat in my favourite Old Town restaurant for an hour and a half and talked about life, ministry, calling, grief, family, church planting and theology. And once again I had many reasons to thank the Almighty for His providence and His kindness toward me. The conversation was much needed and much much appreciated. I have been truly blessed with good people - sometimes showing up unexpectedly from the other side of the world like J. P. - who care enough to sit down and talk about life with me. He took me and my story very seriously, asked me some tough questions I didn't have ready answers for, and gave me some fatherly advice. I gained a new friend last week.

The winter has arrived, and by the looks of it, it's here to stay. I've started to drink hot chocolate in the evenings. It somehow seems to fit the occasion. The occasion of winter.

It's only a little less than a month until Take 6's Christmas concert in Tallinn.

One more week until lecturing in Tartu again. One needs stuff to look forward to.

And here's a song which I solemnly dedicate to little E. It's Foy Vance's Coco.
And every girl is someone's daughter.
And your daddy must be proud.
Well I'd be proud if you were mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment